- Volume databases (text)
/vice/vol/VolumeList Holds partition and volume
information for volumes for which this server is custodian. This is
file is generated by codasrv.
/vice/vol/groupid is maximum replicated volume id
allocated so far.
- HOSTS (text)
- Entries describe volume storage groups:
id hostname1 hostname2 etc. Stored in /vice/db/VSGDB
/vice/db/hosts servers should be in this file. Servers found in
the VSGDB are checked to be in this file before proceeding to make a volume.
/vice/db/servers contains an id for each server.
Createvol_rep works as follows:
Parameters are: volname vsgaddr partition-name [groupid]
- check we are the SCM
- Check that the volname doesn't appear in AllVolumes or VRList
- Get the list of servers from the vsgaddr using the VSGDB
- verify the servers against /vice/db/hosts
- get a new replicated id for this replicated volume using the
- use volutil to create the volume on each host, using the
partition, volumename and groupid acquired before. Note that each server now
assigns a volume id for this newly created volume. It dumps